Ephraim Fire Association- Ephraim Fire House Museum
Built into the side of Moravia Point in the 1930s, the Ephraim Fire Station was the first firehouse in Door County and was used until 1990 by the Fire Department.
In 1990, a new fire station was built on Norway Street and the Fire House was restored and became a Museum in 2009.
The Fire House Museum serves as a tribute to Assistant Fire Chief Bill Weborg, the first Door County Firefighter to die in the line of duty. Niles Weborg, Bill’s father, served as chief of the Ephraim Volunteer Fire Department from 1981 until his retirement in 2015. Both Bill and his other son, Scotty are fixtures of the museum and take great pride in sharing the history of the fire department.
The Ephraim Fire House Museum features firefighting memorabilia that Weborg has collected through the years, plus many items donated by firefighters from around the world. It also houses the Ephraim Volunteer Fire Department’s first 1934 Ford pumper.
To read more about the history of the Ephraim Fire House Museum please click here.
May to October, the Ephraim Fire House Museum is open most evenings and weekends. To visit please phone Niles Weborg at 920-421-0931.
Support the Ephraim Fire House Museum:
For donation options to support the Ephraim Fire House Museum, please phone Niles Weborg at 920-421-0931.